Last month we launched our latest India Collection, which was inspired by the rich culture and kaleidoscopic colors of Rajasthan. Here are a few travel tips to satisfy your wanderlust and help you make the most of your journey to one of our favorite places in the world.
- Head to Jaisalmer for a stay at SuryaGarh , a luxury hotel that looks like a palace fort in the middle of the desert.
- In Jodhpur, we love the Raas , a boutique hotel with stunning mountain views.
- When in Jaipur, stay at Kothi 28 , a charming guesthouse that’s spacious, immaculate, and friendly.
- Pretend you’re an extra in Wes Anderson’s Darjeeling Limited at Bar Palladio in Jaipur.
- Take in a 360-degree sunset from the roof at Peacock in Jaipur.
One of my favorite parts of traveling is experiencing local art and fashion. Here are some must-visit shopping destinations:
- Spend a day in Jaisalmer, a desert city about 100km from the Pakistan border. At first glance the sandstone forts look like opulent real-live sandcastles, and camels roam freely.
- Hitch a ride in Jaipur with Pink City Rickshaw Co. , a local non-profit. You’ll support the creation of 200+ jobs for low-income women in the area while riding around town in an electric pink rickshaw.
- Immerse yourself in local culture with a village tour of Rohet Garh, south of Jodhpur.