Tie dye is back and guess what—there’s no age limit! Oozing with LOVE and vibrant colors, are you ready to get out in the sunshine and tap into your inner creative? With this Tie Dye Kit you can create wearable art that matters and sport some new accessories designed for good. Love Is Project is excited to team up with Momma Osa on this kit. Momma Osa is a SoCal-based organization that donates a portion of their sales to people experiencing homelessness, foster families, and orphans in their local community. For every Love Is Project Tie Dye Kit sold, we will donate 10% to Olive Crest , a non-profit that serves at-risk children and families in California, Nevada, and the Pacific Northwest .
KIT INCLUDES :
- 3 Love Is Project White Elastic Face Masks (includes a sleeve pocket if you want to insert a filter!)
- 1 Love Is Tote Bag
- 1 (surprise!) Galaxy Friendship Bracelet in a Tie Dye Pouch
- 2 Tie Dye Elastic Hair Ties
- Set of 3 Bottled Dyes (Pink, Purple, + Turquoise) in a Tie Dye Pouch (hand-dyed by Momma Osa)
- 2 Rubber Bands and a pair of Gloves
HOW TO GUIDE:
- Prepare your workspace by laying down plastic or newspaper to protect your surfaces.
- Put on gloves—that are included in the kit. But if you don’t, it’s OK...the dye is non-toxic.
- Fill the dye bottles with warm water to about 1.2” from the top. Recap the bottles and shake to mix.
- Fully wet your Masks and/or Tote. For the Tote—fill it with water, place straps inside, and soak for 20 minutes. Wring out any excess water. It shouldn’t be toooo wet.
- Wrap the rubber bands around the Masks and/or Tote to create a one-of-kind pattern.
- Add dye wherever you want to create your pattern. There is no right or wrong way to do it! ;)
- After you apply the dye, place your Mask and/or Tote in a plastic bag. Let them sit for 8-12 hours.
- Rinse and wring out your Mask and/or Tote in cool water until no color comes out.
- Wash your Mask and/or Tote in hot water on its own or with like-colored clothing. Tumble dry.
- Wear your Mask and/or Tote with pride! Tag @LoveIsProject on Instagram so we can see.